OPINURATE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions ("Prize Giveaway Terms") apply to each of the monthly prize giveaways (the "Prize Giveaways") operated by Opinurate Limited, a company registered in Scotland with company number SC412512, whose registered office is at 29 Brandon Street, Hamilton, South Lanarkshire, ML3 6DA, trading as OPINURATE ("OPINURATE").
By entering a Prize Giveaway you agree to be bound by the Prize Giveaway Terms.
How to enter
1. In order to enter a Prize Giveaway you will need to have your unique customer code ("Code").There are three methods by which you may receive a Code:
Complementary Code: This is the Code printed on the flyer that was given to you by our business partner ("Business Partner").The flyer will direct you to a website ("Website") where you will be asked to enter some details about yourself and complete a questionnaire about your customer experience with our Business Partner.Once you have completed the questionnaire you will be asked to enter the Code and will be notified instantly if your Code is a winning Code. Alternatively, if you do not wish to complete the questionnaire you can enter the Prize Giveaway by posting your Card to us.
Free Codes: Once you have entered your complementary Code you will be given an option to receive 3 free codes per month from OPINURATE in return for answering questions on a monthly basis about your customer experience with certain national brands (the "National Brands").Provided that you visit the Website each calendar month and complete the relevant questionnaire, OPINURATE will provide you with 3 free codes which you can enter, when prompted, upon completion of the questionnaire.You will be notified instantly if your Code is a winning Code.
Additional Codes: You may also purchase additional Codes directly from OPINURATE for £1.99 each. Before you can purchase the additional Codes you will need to successfully answer a general knowledge question. If you successfully answer the general knowledge question you may purchase additional Codes which you can enter when prompted.You will be notified instantly if your Code is a winning Code.
Conditions for entry
2. To be eligible to enter a Prize Giveaway you must be at least 16 years of age and be resident in the UK. Prize Giveaways are not open to employees (or members of the families or households of employees) of OPINURATE, or any other individual or entity connected with the operation of the Prize Giveaway.
3. No purchase is necessary in order to receive complementary Codes or free Codes.
4. There will be a new Prize Giveaway, with a different set of prizes, each calendar month.Codes will only be valid for the calendar month in which the Code was issued to you.
5. Postal entries must be submitted, including your name, address and daytime telephone number to arrive at OPINURATE, 41 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 1HW on or before the last day of the calendar month in which you received the Card. Late entries will not be accepted. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt and no responsibility is accepted for entries damaged, lost or mislaid.
6. Opinurate may disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Prize Giveaway Terms.
7. You will find full details of the prizes to be won at www.opinurate.com
8. Where the prize is a hotel stay, this will be for two people on a one room only basis.
9. If you enter your Code on the Website, you will receive an instant notification message to let you know if you have won a prize. If you submit a postal entry and win a prize you will be notified by telephone no later than 49 days after the last day of that month. To claim your prize, you should follow the instructions in the notification message and provide other details as requested.You may be asked to provide proof of age. You also need to keep your winning Card with the winning Code on it. Keep this winning Card undamaged as OPINURATE will ask to see it as verification of your win.
10. Winning Codes are chosen at random by OPINURATE’s computer from all Codes issued in any calendar month.
11. Prizes will be made available within the timescales set out in the notification message.
12. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be available. OPINURATE reserves the right to substitute prizes of similar value at any time.
Content of entries
13. By entering the Prize Giveaway you agree to assign all copyright and other rights in your Prize Giveaway entry to OPINURATE and OPINURATE shall be free to assign these rights to third parties.
14. Any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. By entering the Prize Giveaway you warrant that the information which you submit will be accurate and correct and will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening.
15. OPINURATE excludes liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any claims, penalties, loss or damage or expenses arising from:
any reliance placed on the content of, or any problems or technical malfunction (including damage to your or to any other person’s computer) related to or resulting from the use of the website through which the Prize Giveaway is operated; or
your participation in the Prize Giveaway or the collection and use of the prizes.
This limitation does not exclude liability in respect of death or personal injury caused by OPINURATE’s negligence.
16. OPINURATE shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of its obligations under these terms that is caused by events outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to any act of God, strike, war, fire, flood, riot, sabotage or terrorism.
17. Your complete questionnaire responses will be used to compile market research statistics and will not be disclosed to anyone other than the Business Partner.Where relevant, your questionnaire responses will be used to compile anonymous market research statistics which will not be disclosed to anyone other than the National Brands.These anonymous statistics will not include any information that could be used to identify you.
18. All your personal data will be kept confidential and will not be disclosed to any third parties (including the Business Partner or the National Brands) unless you give your express consent for OPINURATE to do so.
19. If you submit a postal entry to a Prize Giveaway, OPINURATE will only use your personal data to operate that Prize Giveaway. Your personal data will be kept confidential and will not be disclosed to any third parties (including the Business Partner).
20. If you win one of the prizes, OPINURATE and our Business Partner may use your name only alongside the prize you won but OPINURATE and our Business Partner must contact you to take part in any extra promotional activity and will not use any of your information, other than your name and the prize you won, without first obtaining your consent.
22. THESE TERMS ARE GOVERNED BY SCOTS LAW AND ANY DISPUTES ARISING IN RELATION TO THESE TERMS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE SCOTTISH COURTS.
By registering on this website (the "Site") you consent to the collection, storage, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
Information That We Collect From You
We collect information about you:
when you enter any Prize Giveaway (including submitting surveys and questionnaires), or otherwise provide us with your personal details (such as your name, contact details, e-mail address etc); and
from your usage of the Site and any other information you post on the Site, e-mail or otherwise send to us.
Use Of Your Information
We use your information:
to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
to allow you to participate in Prize Giveaways when you choose to do so, and to claim prizes;
to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
to allow us to compile market research statistics which we will share, along with your complete questionnaire responses, with our business partners;
to allow us to compile anonymous market research statistics which we will share with certain national brands;
to provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business;
to contact you for your views on our services; and
to notify you about changes to our services.
We may contact you by post, telephone, SMS or email. If change your mind about being contacted in the future by any of these means then please let us know.
We (and any third parties who you have permitted to use your data), will not contact you for marketing purposes by any means unless you have consented to this.
If you win one of the prizes, we may contact you to take part in promotional activity by including your name and photo on the Site, but will not use any of your information without first obtaining your consent.
Disclosure Of Your Information
The information you provide to us (including your Prize Giveaway entries) will be treated as confidential.
Your responses to questionnaires and surveys will be used to compile market research statistics and we will share these statistics along with your complete questionnaire responses with our Business Partners. Where relevant your responses to the questionnaire will be used to compile anonymous market research statistics which we will share with certain national brands. These anonymous statistics will not include any information that could be used to identify you.
Where you have consented in providing us with your contact details, we may disclose this information to our Business Partners and other carefully selected third parties who may contact you occasionally by post, telephone, fax, SMS or email about products and services which may be of interest to you.
If you change your mind about being contacted by us or by these selected third parties in the future by any of these means please let us know by contacting us on the details below.
In addition, if our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
A "cookie" is a piece of software that attaches to the hard drive of your computer and remembers information about the configuration of your computer.
We use this information to track your movements through our Site, to find out how it is being used and to assess its usefulness.Personal information about you is not collected during the tracking process.
[We use persistent cookies if you have [registered] [subscribed] with us on-line.These cookies allow us to make the logging-in process easier and more secure.They will also be used to recognise you when you return to the Site.We also use session cookies that will hold your data on our Site until such time as you logout.]
You can disable the cookies that we attach if your browser supports this.For further information on how to do this, please refer to www.allaboutcookies.org.However, you should bear in mind that if you exercise this option, you may be unable to use some of our on-line services.
Third Party Websites
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your e-mail address and other contact details.
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our Site.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us in our records in return for which we may charge a small fee.You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
Fair Processing Notice
This website is operated by OPINURATE Limited, trading as OPINURATE ("we" or "us").We are data controllers for the information that you submit using this website, and we will use your information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to compile market research statistics and we will share these statistics along with your complete questionnaire responses with our Business Partner who gave you the Card containing your complementary prize code. Where relevant, your responses to the questionnaire will be used to compile anonymous market research statistics which we will share with certain national brands.These anonymous statistics will not include any information that could be used to identify you.
If you submit a postal entry to a Prize Giveaway, OPINURATE will only use your personal information to operate that Prize Giveaway. Your personal data will be kept confidential and will not be disclosed to any third parties.